Don't pay dollar to keep 2 cents when wrong. Cut your losses quickly. Trade what you see, not what you think.
Joined Oct 26, 2011
719 Blog Posts

10-22-2014 Trading Journal

The bull bumped its head on the 89 MA line and fell back down.


After three days of continuing up day, it’s about time to take a much needed rest.

Meanwhile I made two “not too keen” decisions.  I sold out of $AMRN and $INFN after the market opened.  I got a bad feeling about the market and felt that I needed to raise some cash.  I started off selling only 50% of $AMRN but ended up selling the whole load.  With $INFN, I researched market reaction to its previous earning calls and found out that more than 50% of the time, the price ended up reacting negative afterward.  Thus, I decided to play safe and sold at the open to avoid the risk.  My previous experience in giving back a sizeable gain from $CERS earning announcement is still fresh in my mind.  Another factor that made it easy for me to close out $INFN position is that I’ve not invested enough due diligence to understand its business the way I’d done with $LRAD, $DMRC, and $ORBC.

As if I was being punished, $AMRN spiked up to $1.10 after I sold and $INFN forward guidance resulted in higher price in after hour.  Oh well… I can’t hit the jackpot every time.  I may try to buy back in $INFN or $AMRN tomorrow.

I’m very satisfied with $DMRC progress per the earning conference call.  Regardless of price action either way, I’m holding my shares.  In a nutshell, one retailer is already in “production” with their Digimarc barcode and they are getting more retailers and major brands knocking on their door.  Their induction into GS1 partnership definitely helps grease the wheels so to speak.  If you need more information, you can read it from here.

Oh yeah, I doubled-down again on $NUGT with a tight stop and it was hit along with my original stop as well.  Basically, I’m now flat on $NUGT.  What more can I say?  This bottom fishing did not work out.

With more cash available, I couldn’t help but added a bit more to $LRAD.

With all stocks down today, my port gave back 2.5% with YTD gain at 4.6%.

Current holdings:

LRAD, DMRC, ORBC, and 17.7% cash.

From my other account:

I was tempted to add more $MCIG but decided against it.  It was struggling today but still closed decently.


Daily chart still shows a potential to bounce from here.

My 2 cents.


If you enjoy the content at iBankCoin, please follow us on Twitter