I’m open to any eventuality. However, I will say, these levels in the SMH, which has led the market during the bull run, must hold — else we’re assuredly going to retest lower levels and very likely to breach them.
At around $117, that’s about 12% lower from today’s prices. I do not doubt the power of the dip buyers and would not be shocked to see us rally off the lows — but it does not look likely. The intra-day machinations are merely child’s play. The real action will begin in earnest after 2:30pm.
I’m eagerly awaiting the analyst day call for XAIR at 2pm, which I think will feature some COVID-19 news regarding their suite of NITRIC OXIDE, which is used to treat respiratory ailments. A little gift from me to you.
If you enjoy the content at iBankCoin, please follow us on Twitter

Read that elevated nitric oxide levels combined with the elevated free radicals levels (which occurs when tissues are inflamed) produces peroxynitrate which damages the lungs. No idea if the author knows what he’s talking about …but you may want to google it.
So far, it looks like we ahve defintely hit the primaries (airlines, casinos, entertainment down), the secodnaries (retail stores down), but tech is still resilient.
Meanwhile the bond market knows that while tech sales are less dependant on the consumer, tech’s *customers* are not, and the pain will work its way along the chain.
Yes sir, I am thinking tech starts to sell if we get persistent above fix 30. Next stop vix 40-45ish. CHF shorts are starting to look attractive. Also, what insanity has inspired currency traders to get long EUR during this market turn?
Maybe long Euro is more about short USD. Carry trades unwinding?
Nflx 52 week high. Obvious quatantine play ? ?
Oh we’re going to test those lows! And let’s hope we do and get another sweet sweet OS signal inside the halls of the Pelicanz room.
I’m in for a bit of XAIR. If it works, I’ll sign-up for Exodus. If you are pumping and dumping on us poor non-Exodus folk, then fuck you.
You might want to add some due diligence to your blog reading.
I was kidding. I wouldn’t buy some shit stock recommended here. The thing is already up 100% in the last couple weeks ahead of the “Analyst Day.” Talk about a dump waiting to happen.
AAPL better hold 297 right now or this market is goign cliff diving.
AAPL failed to hold 297, dives as predicted. You’re welcome
10yr bond ATH 0.916,
30yr to join.
Most test = more cases. At least the mortality rate will go down?
That’s the Trump way of thinking. To be more precise:
Mores tests
-> more knowldege of case locations
-> quicker identification of outbreak locations
-> more knowledge of how virus is spreading
-> better containment measures
-> **fewer** cases
The Trump’s Adminsitartions primary way of dealing with crisies is lies and denials, but this doesn’t work with virues.
#RealNews
People freaking out because there are more cases. It’s already everywhere in the USA, but we just haven’t been testing. Cases will ramp for awhile and peak. Probably aren’t at peak fear yet since we haven’t been testing.
We can agree on this:
More tesing = more *discovered* cases
However, this is the more important point that some people don’t get:
More testing = fewer total infected
In terms of “already everywhere in the USA”, I’ve been saying that for several days, and I’ve been saying that it will become an epidemic in the US sicne late January
I’m pretty sure I read online that if we drop another 1000 points today Fly was gonna suck his own dick so stay tuned!
I believe he is going to shut his twitter down at Dow -1000. His dick is too small to suck on his own
I’m losing money in CHAD, bearish postion on China. No idea why investors are so confidant in Chinese stocks, unless China itself is buying stocks directly in volume. I don’t beleive the Chinese virus numbers (they just suddenly dropped in an unnatural way).
Comments welcome
They ran out of sellers. How much worse can China get unless they start nuking their own cities?
Thyanks for the response, but the Chinese market has been *rallying* ever since the post-Chinese-New-Year plunge.
YTD, the Shanghai comp is *positive* asn so is the large cap CSI 300
https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/index/shcomp/charts?countrycode=cn
Buy and hold is well trained, so I understand that POV.
However, I do not understadn why anyone would want to go long before Monday, especailly after *2* 1000pt rallies have been demolished.
If an “emergency” cut didn’t work, and neither did the revival of “Status Quo” Joe, what is the short term catalyst for a boost?
What happened with CY? Was halted for a bit.
I’m guessing that the Infineon deal to buy it @$23.85/share fell through.
https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/about-infineon/press/press-releases/2019/INFXX201906-074.html
We know have 70 confirmed cases in WA. Just wait until they close down Boeing
Most providers don’t even have test kits. Number way higher across the board
In the US, the discovered cases are doubling every 2 days. At that rate, the US will 1000 discovered cases in a little over 5 days.
not sure how many tests were administered but they are finally ramping up the testing rate here
XAIR was a pump and dump. As suspected. Fuck you FLY.
looks like they like all the air out!! LOL
This schizophrenic market action must be scaring away a lot of the retail investors who have been jumping on the bandwagon this past year. Might be a necessary phase.
Well executed pump and dump Fly. You may have a future in this business.
Since the 08/09 market we have not sustained VIX over 30 for more than 2 months at a time.
Two months over 30 would not be surprising.
In the past, VIX spikes were due to gut-reaction panics, and then the market woudl calm down once they got a handle on things.
When the first 1000pt rally (Monday) didn’t move the futures significantly, that should was a clear signal that this time it’s different. COVID-19 will be with us for a while and the VIX will stay elevated until US confirmed cases leveled off – which isn’t happening anytime soon.
I love the $199 Patagonia jacket Warren was wearing when she announced her withdrawal. If I was her handler I would’ve had her in a vintage kerscher wool US Navy Peacoat. It’ll keep you warmer and you can find one for $59 including shipping on fleabay. Try again in 4 years Pocahontas.