iBankCoin
18 years in Wall Street, left after finding out it was all horseshit. Founder/ Master and Commander: iBankCoin, finance news and commentary from the future.
Joined Nov 10, 2007
23,442 Blog Posts

Western Civilization is the Enemy at Stanford University

When you spend 50k per annum to educate a child, one would expect the institution that is receiving such monies to have the common courtesy to explain to their students the virtues of western society and why we’ve thrived above all over the past two thousand years.

A petition was set out to reinstall Western Society courses and Stanford and it was vilified to a degree that would make any hard-nosed dictator or fascist throughout history beam with pride.

I am sure there are several of you who will support the insanity by the illiberal left at Stanford, who, if given to their own biases, would have their heads cut off by the very people they endeavor to empower. Nothing about the current fringe element of the left is liberal. It’s the exact opposite. These people are intolerant, snap-chatting, morons, who scream and yell all day long about the evils of western society, while at the same time ignore the abhorrent behavior and lack of rights by inferior societies abroad. They ignore the fact that women are treated less than dogs in these societies and instead point towards wage disparities and other gender gaps that need fixing here. While western societies aren’t perfect and have many flaws, they are, by far, superior in all aspects to eastern societies– who are intolerant, bigoted and racist like you would not believe.

If you enjoy the content at iBankCoin, please follow us on Twitter

7 comments

1. soupbone

There is no way to invent success at an institution. Its all learned in the field doing something. That is the only way to access progress and knowledge. But of course it will be painful to have to do work and pay some dues. It’s all an evolution were the crap gets turfed.

• 0
    • 0
    • 0 Deem this to be "Fake News"
  2. btn

“These people are intolerant, snap-chatting, morons” – correct, but take comfort in the fact that hardly anybody gets MORE liberal as they age. It’s better for the students to start out that way and then end up in the middle.

One thing I wonder about Bernie’s supporters is how much the “free college” thing is getting him the Millenium vote versus his generally liberal (+unions, +welfare, -corporations, +minimum wage) views. It seems to me that many Milleniums are disillusioned becuase they wer promised “any college degree” = “good job as soon as you garduate” and realizing that isn’t true. College education is the problem, not the price of college. For profit, online universities are the worst.

• 0
    • 0
    • 0 Deem this to be "Fake News"
    • frog

I think college is good, and Bernie’s promise of free college is better. But Bernie’s opposition to open borders and to trade agreements that screw over American workers is even better. On those last two, Bernie agrees with Trump.

College is generally a good influence, for those interested. But sky high prices for it are bad. The lack of good paying jobs for students after graduation is the big problem. And that problem is not caused primarily by inadequate preparation by colleges for jobs ,but by the lack of good paying jobs due to other factors.

• 0
      • 0
      • 0 Deem this to be "Fake News"
      • frog

Oh, and Bernie is not a neocon and does not want to spend jillions of dollars on unnecessary wars. He’d rather spend on constructive things, which would help the economy and the Millennials.

• 0
        • 0
        • 0 Deem this to be "Fake News"
  3. frog

I’d be in favor of required Western Civilization classes. I agree with the student publication review writers about that. I agree that those who are against this, for the reasons given in the video, are wrong.

The Left has to have some crazies too. The Right Wing Tea Partiers took over a federal wildlife refuge recently. And other Partiers waved their guns around and threatened government officials when they were asked to pay the federal land grazing fees that they owed to us taxpayers. So both political sides do have some extremists within them.

A lot of people– mostly Right Wingers– are biased against college requirements of any kind other than those strictly related to getting a job and making money. Of course it was Left Wingers who objected here. I think both sides are wrong when they try to pitch out important educational subjects like this one.

I think anyone who wants to call themselves college educated ought to have the basics of a liberal arts education, including Western civilization courses.

• 0
    • 0
    • 0 Deem this to be "Fake News"
    • Dr. Fly

you’re not an unreasonable liberal. By the way, being liberal is a good thing. I am against the illiberal who fashion themselves as progressives.

• 0
      • 0
      • 0 Deem this to be "Fake News"
  4. bexpo

You crack me up Fly!

• 0
    • 0
    • 0 Deem this to be "Fake News"