Â The winnersÂ of this contestÂ will receive one of these books, signed by “Woodshedder,” and mailed by me at no expense to the winner. Each book is destined to be worth less by the timeÂ it is received than even before I sign it.
- Each participantÂ must guessÂ where theÂ Nasdaq Composite ($COMPQ)Â and the S&P 500 (SPX) will close on December 31, 2007.
- Each guess must beÂ time-stamped before midnight, Wednesday, December 19th.
- Entries will be recordedÂ in the comments section of this thread.
- A Beginner’s Guide To Short-Term Trading will be mailed to the person who has the closest guessÂ for the Nasdaq.
- Sun Tzu’s Art of War for Traders and Investors will be mailed to the person who has the closest guess for the S&P.
- Both books are slightly used. I just happen to have 2 copies of each.
- IfÂ the winner does notÂ want the book, then I’ll mail it to the 2nd place entry. No prize substitutions.
- Don’t waste time with multiple-identity guessing. The blog records IP addresses for each comment.
Submit an entry and prove your time machine is better than everyone else’s.
38 Responses to Year End Contest: Guess the Close
2470 for Nasdaq, 1400 for S&P
iio, give us an S&P guess too.
Good to see you here!
Those books suck. I refuse to participate in this homo game.
iPods were promised, book-larnin’ is for witches.
P.S. making a prediction before the day of the deadline is fucktarded with market timing (or obscenely good/confident)
Also, Bob Barker may find it acceptable on The Price is Right, but whomever predicts numbers that are 1 above or below previously posted numbers is an asshat. just saying.
The Fly is scared to participate. What a pussy.
The haileris is scared too, but wisely, he has bought himself some time.
snazzdog – 2480.8
spx – 1400.1
I want those gay books, bad,ly.
But, I refuse to pay for them, hence my participation in this homo game.
btw .. excuse my political incorrectness; homosexuality is gay.
If I win, I plan on donating my book to Ragin Cajun.
S&P 500: 1487
S&P 500 1435 Silly! Nas 2580. Both Get the Hetero Hammer.
Naz – 2625
S&P – 1480
Never underestimate the homo-power of window dressing.
NAS – 2700
S&P – 1460
S&P – 1489
Nas – 2701
TCA, you did notice that this was over 1 year old, no?
I know. Just messing with you lol!
I went to your blogspot ans saw the contest.
hence, my correct guesses