Don't pay dollar to keep 2 cents when wrong. Cut your losses quickly. Trade what you see, not what you think.
Joined Oct 26, 2011
719 Blog Posts

12-19-2013 Trading Journal

Market tried to correct but ended the day nearly neutral.

$NUGT gapped down and I placed a stop below intra-day low instead of outright getting out.  Nope, no luck.  I was stopped out anyway.  I took my losses and moved on.  With the newly released fund, what should I buy?

Then I started looking at $AMRN again. Are you crazy?

What if for some exotic reason the FDA decides to offer some half-way measured approval for Vascepa?  What if…  What if…

Enough what if already; thus I bought back $AMRN with the available cash just to shut myself up.

Now, if $AMRN shoots up tomorrow (long shot), then I’ve $NUGT to thanks for.  Without $NUGT stopping me out today, I wouldn’t have bought $AMRN.  OK, enough talking on my part, let’s roll the dice!

I was hit hard today by $KNDI and $KGJI; thus despite an up day for $LRAD, I’m still under water a bit today.

Nevertheless, for the long-term hold on most of these hi-beta stocks, today hiccup is just your standard cup of tea.  Nothing to sweat about.

Current holdings:

LRAD, KNDI, KGJI, CERS, XONE, INO, GALE, TINY, AMRN (fully speculated)

My 2 cents.

If you enjoy the content at iBankCoin, please follow us on Twitter