Don't pay dollar to keep 2 cents when wrong. Cut your losses quickly. Trade what you see, not what you think.
Joined Oct 26, 2011
719 Blog Posts

12-16-2013 Trading Journal

Market opened higher and it was a much needed bounce to add to the belief that this uptrend is not over yet.

Due to rally after the open on $NUGT, I added.  And when the rally proved to be persistent (in the morning still), I sold almost half of $XONE to cut losses and moved the fund to $NUGT.


Notice price is still struggling to maintain bounce.  Why am I looking into picking bottom on $NUGT here?  You may wonder…

I’m convinced that gold may be bottoming here because the monthly chart of $GLD is now reflecting a 50% correction from historical low and high.


Did you see how the 50% retracement is landing right on the 79 & 89 MA lines?  These kind of visual support is what give me the confidence to buy “potential” bottom with small risk.

While I like $XONE to be long-term play, I’m still subjected to the pull of the chart patterns.  $XONE took out yesterday low so I had no problem letting some shares go to add to $NUGT.


If $XONE can bounce off the support (blue line), I may buy back shares I sold with cash from sales of some $GALE.

$GALE took out last Thursday low and price fell below the 5 and 15 MA lines.  Even worse, the 5 had crossed below the 15 MA line as well; hence my lightening up $GALE position by 1/3 today to raise cash and reduce risk.


I still think $GALE will rally later so I’m looking to buy back cheaper if possible.

$KNDI rallied strong after open but gave back most of the gain later in the day.  The good news is that price closed higher for the day.


Notice that I re-drew the downtrend line to align with the high of previous bars which put today at a breakout day instead of last week.  If this week can maintain momentum, we may see a solid up bar by end of week.

Glad to see $CERS bounced today ’cause I needed the confirmation that the support line is holding.  It is so far.


Now, $CERS need to continue to bounce to move away from the support line.  The sooner it gets back above the 79 & 89 MA lines, the less stress it will be on my portfolio.

$LRAD, $KGJI and $TINY are still struggling to maintain ground; thus, even with DOW up over 100 points today, my portfolio was at breakeven where small gains on some positions offset small losses on others.

Current holdings:


My 2 cents.

Btw, $PHOT is doing FANTASTIC on my other broker account.  Because this is a long-term hold for me, I may see some give back of unrealized gain due to profit-taking sooner or later.

If you enjoy the content at iBankCoin, please follow us on Twitter