Category Archives: TECH
This whole time I thought internet browsers were created equal, boy was I wrong. If you’ve been following along lately, then you know I recently switched my browsing experience to chrome.
Here are 6 reasons why I like it, and why you should give it a shot.
1. Sign-in Screen. Upon downloading chrome and making your first internet search, you will be asked your gmail/account username and password. At first, I was like, “oh lord, not another place to sign in!” But, then I found the benefit of it.
If you’re anything like me, then you have to have your bookmarks in order and the same on each computer (I’m borderline OCD). Upon logging into chrome on my 2nd computer, I entered my gmail account, and all of my bookmarks and preferences were synced the exact ame way. My desktop and laptop are now identical, maybe it’s just me, but I love that.
2. Downloads. Ever download something over the internet only to search for the new download after it is complete? Not any more. Once a download is complete, a toolbar will pop up at the bottom of your screen to let you know it is ready for install. LOVE THIS.
3. G chat Alerts. Never miss another chat message in Google mail. Are you ever logged into g-mail, then decide to surf the web, come back and you realized you missed a gchat message? Well, not anymore. An alert will pop up in your right hand corner with your message no matter what page you are on.
4. Search. Now search right in the address bar. Ever want to use the search box in your browser, but tweetdeck alerts keep popping up over your search box, preventing your search? Maybe it’s just me, but it happens, A LOT. Well, not anymore. Enter your search right in the address bar and watch Google do its magic.
5. Incognito. Let’s say your name is Howard, and you don’t want to let your peers know you read iBankCoin. Well, now you can go Incognito and search the web without a history or a cookies trace.
6. Load Times. Last, but certainly not least, THE LOAD TIMES. Lately, iBankCoin has been running like shit for me. I thought maybe it was our site, maybe The Fly doesn not care to have a first class website anymore, BUT I WAS WRONG. Firefox was fucking up my shit. I didn’t realize until now, but firefox is “Buggy”.
There are probably many more reason to switch to Google’s Chrome, but I have yet to discover them. I’ll be sure to update this post when I find them. Feel free to comment if you have some features you like about Google’s internet browser. Happy I made the switch.
Here’s the link to get started, CLICK HERE FOR CHROME
I can’t believe I’m just figuring this out, but I am. Lately, I have been having trouble with load times on iBankcoin as well as other sites.
NOT ANY MORE.
Here are the poll results, it’s seems I’ve missed the move to Google Chrome, more than 50% are already using it:
I’ve switched to Chrome, and even uninstalled firefox from my computer. Couldn’t be happier.
My brother is one the those computer hackers, who actually has a job that involves cracking Bank’s security on the internet. He’s been a computer guy his whole life, and I always go to him for computer questions.
A few years ago, he told me to download firefox and use it as my main browser, he claims it’s safer. So I did, and have been using it for sometime now.
Lately though, I’ve been experimenting with Google’s Chrome, and am really pleased with some of their features. For example, I love the Gchat alert in the upper right hand corner that let’s me know someone sends a message. I’m sure there are a bunch of other cool features, but I have yet to really dig deep.
Another thing, Ive noticed is that iBankCoin’s website loads a lot faster on it, and lately the site is been “buggy” using firefox.
So before asking my brother his opinion on Google Chrome, I want to know what my readers use to search the world wide web. Computer techs, please feel free to comment.
Let’s hold a vote, what do you use to surf the web? Internet explorer, Safari, Firefox, or Google’s Chrome?