***Updated Projected Path***
Gustav has brought a buying frenzy to energy related names. Let’s take a look at high volume movers:
Oil & Gas Equipment and Services
- Halliburton Company [[HAL]]
- Schlumberger Limited [[SLB]]
- Baker Hughes Incorporated [[BHI]]
- Weatherford International Ltd. [[WFT]]
- National-Oilwell Varco, Inc. [[NOV]]
Oil & Gas Drilling and Exploration
- Petroleo Brasileiro SA (ADR) [[PBR]]
- Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. [[PTEN]]
- Nabors Industries Ltd. [[NBR]]
- Transocean Inc. [[RIG]]
- SandRidge Energy Inc. [[SD]]
Independent Oil & Gas
- Chesapeake Energy Corporation [[CHK]]
- XTO Energy Inc. [[XTO]]
- Anadarko Petroleum Corporation [[APC]]
- Petrohawk Energy Corporation [[HK]]
- EOG Resources, Inc. [[EOG]]
Note: I’m up to my eyeballs in oil & gas. I’ve been buying every dip.
Here’s my list so far:
(all call options) CHK, NOV, HK, SLB, NBR
You should be able to bank nicely from that. Thanks for sharing. I’m with you on CHK and HK, in DIG, hedged with a bit of DUG. Also holding a semi retarded short in ACI, as a hedge on the larger energy sector. Good luck.
long CHK, NOV and just got a few USO calls for a trade.
Projected path up top.
Note: I gassed up this morning, me and the wifey’s car.
I have an uncanny sense when it comes to hurricanes, this one is going to be a beast.
Give me more NOV.
My intuition is giving me the same “feeling” Ragin, you two be careful, Gulf area could get hit hard with this one.
I have questioned my going into the down turn in energy over weight Oil stocks. But I felt better about it after reading that Heebner is 44% in Oil and Energy and down so far this year and adding to his positions. I will continue to do the same. We are all in good company. I agree ….. buy NOV!